http://www.reality-tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/EPSlogoColor-300x184.png 0 0 admin http://www.reality-tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/EPSlogoColor-300x184.png admin2013-02-04 20:38:412016-01-19 13:23:11System characteristics of a well performing SharePoint Farm
Characteristics of a well performing SharePoint Farm
Tempdb data files
- Dedicated disks for the tempdb
- Tempdb should be placed on RAID 10
- The number of tempdb files should be equal the number of CPU Cores, and the tempdb data files should be set at an equal size
- The size of the tempdb data files should be equal to the (Physical memory no. of processor). That’s the initial size of the tempdb data files.
- Enough headroom must be available for the databases and log files, plus enough capacity to keep up the requests
- Pre grow all databases and logs if you can. Be sure to monitor the sizes so that you do not run out of disk space
- When using SQL Server mirroring, do not store more than 50 databases on a single physical instance of SQL Server
- Database servers should not be overloaded by using too many databases or data
- The content databases must be limited to 200GB. Limit content databases to 200GB Indices must be Defragmented and rebuilt daily, if users can absorb the downtime required to rebuild
- More than 25% disk space must be free.
- Another instance of SQL must be created for data exceeding 5 TB.
- When using SQL Server mirroring, more than 50 databases must not be stored on a single physical instance of SQL Server
Monitor the database server
Key performance counters to monitor are:
- Network Wait Queue: at 0 or 1 for good performance
- Average disk queue Length (latency): less than 5 ms
- Memory used: less than 70%
- Free disk space: more than 25%